Planning a continental European trip? Need tips for crossing borders? Post here, and also share details for general European travel.
This weekend I have 36hours to get as far away from London possible without spending any money! It is a fundraising event for a charity.
I am looking for opinions on the best route to hitchhike through Europe. So...
1. Ferry to Calais and then head south towards Gibraltar. I speak French and Spanish well, but apparently it is harder to hitchhike there.
2. Ferry to Calais and head East towards Poland. Don't speak any of the languages. Apparently easier to hitchhike
3. Ferry to Calais and head North towards Denmark/sweden. Don't speak any of the languages but most people speak some English. Apparently very generous with helping hitchhikers.
So what do you think? Thanks for any help! Either way should be an extremely exciting 36 hours
- Posts: 2
- Joined: February 21st, 2012, 3:00 am
if you have to get as far as possible in 36 hours you should just go wherever they take you.. look for car plates of other countries
germany is fast hitchhiking so that can help you.
and there is tons of polish people heading to poland all the time ..
- Posts: 331
- Joined: September 19th, 2005, 2:00 am
See if you can get to Sicily and have a swim in the Mediterranean.
- Posts: 1465
- Joined: September 18th, 2002, 2:00 am
I second Tadaa, just go for far away number plates.
It wouldn't have to be a charity event for me to want to get as far away as possible from London!
Maybe you'll catch the hitchin' bug after this trip, lets hope so..good luck!
- Posts: 43
- Joined: February 6th, 2012, 3:00 am
Return to Europe Cross-Continent & Border Crossing
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest