Warning McDonalds is Prosecuting Dumpster Divers

Recommended places to work, eat and sleep- or offers from digihitch members.

Moderator: Moderators

Warning McDonalds is Prosecuting Dumpster Divers

Postby tobobear » October 19th, 2003, 6:38 pm

This week Mcdonalds has started to prosecute dumpster divers.

Here's the deal McDonalds has started two new promotions:

-Their Monopoly game thing, so divers are diving game pieces and cashing in prizes.

-The second is Best Buy has a coupon on the Supersized fries that is good for $1 at Best Buy. These are cumulative so that if you dive a few hundred coupons you could get a free TV or stereo. So Diving Mcdonalds this time of year is very profitable. So Mcdonalds has been ordering its stores to have divers arrested, to keep them from diving these game pieces and Best Buy coupons.

Don't ask how I know all this inside stuff.

So If you wish to dive McDonalds be prepared for being prosecuted, and be ready for serious profit.

Toby
tobobear

how do you know all this inside stuff??

Postby hikecrazy » October 20th, 2003, 2:17 pm

Okay, first question: how do you know all this inside stuff??

Do they have dumpster cops outside each "restaurant" now? I mean, McDs is already despicable enough as it is but now this...

Anybody out there making any good deals in McDs dumpsters?
hikecrazy

how do I know this stuff

Postby tobobear » October 20th, 2003, 7:36 pm

let's see, how does a geek know this.

There was a family gathering there may have been a Best Buy Exec attending, they may have pointed out the first day of the promotion a guy was busted with $160 in Best Buy Coupons diving a dumpster at a McDonald's. Best Buy was alerted to the possible "fraud".

I can't get my relative in trouble by passing on this info, too much, but it is really important.

How does McDonald's guard thier dumpsters, I don't know. I might be scouting our local ones in the near future, if I haven't already.

I think any good diver could do the Risk/Return ratio thing for themself.

So I will not sit here and name the guy on the inside who alerted me, but I will bitch about how he waited a week to get me this highly pertinent information.

Toby
tobobear

Postby traveler_in_red » October 21st, 2003, 12:03 pm

how pathetic.......Im gonna do it now just off of general principle(and Im stacking up some cash working there right now for the next couple of weeks.) "Im gonna throw it away,no you cant have it!"........selfish and pathetic.....what kind of loser really guard dumpsters?
traveler_in_red

Postby anarka » November 17th, 2003, 3:40 pm

If you think thats hanous try to dumpster krispy kream donuts. They throw away any donut that isent hot. Im talking thousands of donuts a day man. And the worst part is that they put cameras on the dumpster and, yes, they watch the monitors.

isent that just flat out mean????!!!!
anarka

Re:

Postby Fait » April 6th, 2004, 11:18 pm

Why should businesses even care about dumpster diving. Its not like it's thier loss, they're not going to use it, in fact they're charged for the trash that they throw out. But why is it a crime?
Fait

Postby Mamawolf » April 7th, 2004, 6:33 am

Just a thought.....

In this sue happy world we live in, there is always a possibility that someone could get hurt, cut, scraped, food poisined, etc. while dumpster diving and then turn around and sue the company who owns the dumpster.

Remember the woman that sued and WON her case because she was uncoordinated enough to spill HER coffee in her lap after driving off from a fast food drive through?

There was a news report the other day...I forget what city...but a couple actually were stupid enough to get INTO a dumpster to sleep the night. Before they woke up, the truck made a pick up and dumped them into the crusher.....the man managed to get out but the woman was killed. Imagine the legal ramifications there.

I raised horses for years. My neighbors kids were constantly sneaking into the pasture to mess with them. I was told by the local policemen that IF one of them should get kicked or hurt, I would be RESPONSIBLE for the damage to them on my OWN property that was fenced off!

Many people have become so self centered that they will try anything to gain a buck without effort, even to the point of suing for their OWN stupidity......so establishments and property owners have become increasingly wary just to protect themselves. Even if someone is sued and wins there are still court costs and time involved......not to mention having to live with ones self knowing that another human being was hurt on your property.
Mamawolf

Postby Quest_techie » July 11th, 2004, 11:20 am

perhaps a disclaimer sticker should be made for dumpsters and distributed to amicable companies

just a thought it removes liability from them if there is a good disclaimer on there most businesses would probably be glad of it.
Quest_techie

Postby Tumbleweed3636 » July 12th, 2004, 12:11 am

[quote:11e96d4524="Quest_techie"]perhaps a disclaimer sticker should be made for dumpsters and distributed to amicable companies

just a thought it removes liability from them if there is a good disclaimer on there most businesses would probably be glad of it.[/quote:11e96d4524]

Hey this is a really good idea--as long as nobody gets desperate and eats bad food. :D :wink: :twisted:
Tumbleweed3636

Postby Quest_techie » July 12th, 2004, 9:02 pm

people could either distribute them or just stick em' on :wink:
Quest_techie

Next

Return to USA - Work, Eat, and Sleep Resources